I love making cute little boxes, and who doesn't love a gift that comes in a box. These Origami gift boxes are quiet easy to make and can be made from board or scrap paper. The board forms a firmer box than the scrap paper, however the scrap paper gives it so much color. The finished Box measures 10.5 cmX 10.5cm X 50cm. You can make any size you want, you just have to cut the paper to the size you want.
You will need:
2 sheets of A3 board or Scrap Paper
Glue or glue gun
Ribbons for decorating
1. Carefully measure and cut your paper to size. Fold the A3 paper diagonally and cut to form a square, do this for both sheets. Or you can use Scrap paper. The second sheet needs to be 1cm smaller on one side than the first. Draw a line and cut the second sheet smaller. The larger piece will form the lid of your box.
2. Start by placing your paper and fold in half. Turn it 90 degrees and fold in half again.
3. Next fold your paper corner to corner to form a triangle. Open it out, turn 90 degrees and repeat.
4. You now need to fold each corner into the center of your paper square.
5. Your folded paper should look like the picture below with all 4 corners meeting in the middle.
6. Take your square and fold the bottom edge to the center. Repeat for the other side. Your folded paper should now be a rectangle. Open it out, turn 90 degrees and repeat.
7. Lift up 2 opposite triangles and lay them flat.
8. As you lift the sides your top flap should start to fold up. You need to lift this flap up and over to form the side of your box. This is the part where you might need to use some glue. If your triangle flaps aren't sitting flat apply a thin layer of glue to each one, press and leave to dry.
9. Turn 180 degrees and repeat on the other side.
10. Repeat the whole process again this time using the smaller square of paper.
11.Decorate the bigger box with ribbon
12.Place a 10cm x10cm sheet of paper inside to cover the ribbon
Once finished the larger box should fit easily on top of the smaller to form your origami gift box.
Visit https://www.creationsbycandy.co.za/blog for more